Light-O-Rama Forums

cmb16d dc board

Jean-Louis

3 questions regarding the use of this board.

Cheap strobe lights, would I be able to do what this lady did using a D-Light DCx16 board but instead use LOR's cmb16d dc board? For reference of what I'm talking about, here is the link: http://www.crazylightlady.us/LEDStrobes.html

Then how would I power this board? Does LOR sell a transformer that powers their board or were would I buy the power supply?

Not afraid to try what is demonstrated by that crazylightlady as I always have a family friend that is a pro electrician.

As long as the dc board has it's own power supply, I assume this board would be able to be part of my 32 channel LOR network, am I correct?

Thanks in advance.

John

You should be able to do this with the CMB16D. You can run different DC voltages through each of the two banks on the board. If you are only running 3 volts through the two banks, you will need a 12 volt DC source to power the electronics of the board. This can be a wall wart and there is a receptacle on the board to plug it in, if needed. I did this last year, using 3 volts to power LEDs on my train.

The DC board is just like any other LOR board. It shows up on network as a 16 channel controller. The board itself does not have a built in power supply. As Denny said, each bank of channels can be a different voltage, but if you aren't applying 12 volts somewhere on the board you need another power source plugged into the jack by the modular jacks.