Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Schedule

shfr26

Being my first year, I was wondering what is a good average time for a show, and how much time in between shows? I was considering a few different themes, ie rock, country, kids for each one. I don't have a lot of room for cars to sit so if you have any ideas, I will heed your advice. Maybe 10-15 minutes per show and 5-10 minutes in between. Just a thought. Should have about 15-20 songs done, I hope.

My bad, I do not think shows can be less than thirty minutes.

shfr26 wrote:

Being my first year, I was wondering what is a good average time for a show, and how much time in between shows? I was considering a few different themes, ie rock, country, kids for each one. I don't have a lot of room for cars to sit so if you have any ideas, I will heed your advice. Maybe 10-15 minutes per show and 5-10 minutes in between. Just a thought. Should have about 15-20 songs done, I hope.

My bad, I do not think shows can be less than thirty minutes.

2008 was my first year doing my personal display. I asked the same question and the best advise was:

Make 2 shows, 1 short show 8-12 minutes and a long show with everything.

Traffic will be slow the first week so run the long show, if traffic stays slow keep the long show running. Weekends traffic could pick up and have issues, at that point use your short show.

Use the long show when traffic is light and the short show if traffic is a mess.

Last year I ran the long show as the neighborhood was just finding out about my display, this year the short show will probably be needed.

Great advice. I will try your suggestion and see what happens. Who knows, maybe nobody will drive by, or I will have to hire traffic cops. Either way I'm having fun!