Light-O-Rama Forums

Updating firmware

Dan Lott

Hello I have 5 ctb16dv6 boards and four of them are on 4-30 and one of the boards is on 4-01 The firmware in my light o Rama hardware 2.4.10 is 4-32. Just wondering if i should update them so they are all the same or if it does not matter. I read somewhere it affected dimming and other things by different firmware. Just thought i would ask.

Guest wbottomley

Dan Lott wrote:

Hello I have 5 ctb16dv6 boards and four of them are on 4-30 and one of the boards is on 4-01 The firmware in my light o Rama hardware 2.4.10 is 4-32. Just wondering if i should update them so they are all the same or if it does not matter. I read somewhere it affected dimming and other things by different firmware. Just thought i would ask.

Go ahead and update them. To get the twinkle and shimmer fade, version 4.30 or later needs to be installed.

Versions lower than 4.30 won't support dimmed or faded shimmer and twinkle. I've also noticed that dimming with LED's on PC series controllers appears to be better with 4.30 and newer. However, there is no interaction between controllers based on firmware levels. At this point, I would go ahead and upgrade anything that has less than 4.30 to 4.32. I don't think 4.32 adds anything that you are likely to want, unless you are doing interactive shows, and want normally closed triggers.