Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR and LEDs

Ralph Priest

I have been using LOR for two years, going into my third season, and have decided to transition to LEDs. I have already purchased several standard strands of LEDs, but have recently become aware of a possible problem with the dimming feature. So, what to do? I would like to buy several more light strands soon,so I could use some sound advice very soon. Many thanks!

Best thing I have found to do, is test them now, before hanging. I have found so far, all the ones I have bought from Lot stores, work fine.

Yes, the dim affects may vary, they may not dim according to the percentages you sequence, but most of the time, I am dimming form 100 to 0%

The only times you need to worry, is if you dimm down to a low percentage. Sometimes I have heard they "kick" off at like 30% instead of all the way down. Than you need to adjust your values.

My three cents

Edit: Typo

I second testing how they behave. I will also say that if you have a brightness disconnect at around 50%, upgrade your firmware to at least 4.30, as I have noticed an improvement in LED dimming behavior on one of my controllers when upgrading to 4.30.