Light-O-Rama Forums

Did I break it????

shfr26

After working on an existing seq. for a couple of hours, Copy here, paste there, on,off fade, shimmer, all the normal stuff, I watched the seq and thought it was about there. All the channel lights flashing when they were suppose to. I then clicked on the animation button to watch and lo and behold it was the same as before I made any changes. I re-imported the channel config., no change. Is the seq with all channels flashing right, Is the animation screen right?? Any ideas what is wrong or am I just not getting something here??? PLEASE HELP!!!

I tried saving it by File save, File save as, and by closing and answering yes to save changes, no luck. This has happened on two different seq.

I don't know why you are using anything from the EDIT button to save anything from your seq. screen? I use the 4th button (blue button)from the left,top row on your sequencing screen to save anything you have done or any changes to your orig. seq. that you might do at a later time. Sorry if I am not understanding your problem correctly. Paul

Just that I have tried saving in everyway that I can think of and nothing works. The seq. screen shows all channels flashing like the changes but the animation screen shows no changes at all. It is the same as it was before the changes.

shfr26 wrote:

Just that I have tried saving in everyway that I can think of and nothing works. The seq. screen shows all channels flashing like the changes but the animation screen shows no changes at all. It is the same as it was before the changes.

Your animation channels may not be aligned with your sequence.

If I understand you correctly, your changes to your sequence are being saved, you just do not see it on your animation. I suggest you verify the animation cells are set to the channels you think they are.

You can add or overlay a couple squares for the channel you expect to see but are not seeing.

To test itsmebobo's idea; call up the sequence you are having issues with. Export the channel configuration to something like "test". Now close your sequence, and create a new sequence and import your "test" channel configuration. Now turn each channel on in sequence and see if your animation "lights" turn on when you expect them to.

Hope that helps.

Thanks to all, Paul, Bob, ainsworth??? Think thats right. If I forgot anybody, SORRY!!
Finally figured out my animation file was "AFU"
ALL FOULED UP. Get your mind out of gutter. And again ALL of you are AMAZING!!!

Glad to hear its working. A lot of fun ahead!

The animation is great once its all configured.

One feature I think it needs is a hover over to tell you which channel a cell is controlled by.

Glad you got it all worked out. There's a good reason I knew what Bob was asking; been there, done that, even got the tee shirt :P.

I hope you have suggested your idea to LOR Bob. In draw mode the pixels are a little brighter for the channel you are working on, but I have trouble seeing the difference really.