Light-O-Rama Forums

Connecting Multiple Strings

ChristmasDude

ChristmasDude wrote:

It seems to me, based on my home's amp limit (150) that I will have to go the LED route. This is a lot of LEDs, so since this plan is for Christmas 2010, I will be checking LED retailers, frequently, like http://www.ledholidaylighting.com/index.aspx.

LEDs, I see, cheap to run, but expensive to buy!

Also consider CDI as they have their preorder sale usually in late Jan or early Feb with delivery in late May or early June. Much better prices then what you see on their website. Posts will pop up here when the sale starts. Ex: my average price per string (over 600 strings now) is only $7.20 averaging all 50 and 100 count M6 and C6 strings all 4 colors I have purchased from them

http://www.creativedisplays.com/

I always order my Halloween and Christmas LEDs from CDI due to getting early delivery so I have time to work on my props.

The link you posted also has good prices, and has a preorder sale. I preordered from them in March, my credit card was charged for 50% of the total order (several hundred dollars) and still haven't received my order nor a shipping notice.

Fortunately most of this order was for props I'm building for next 4th July display. If my order from them had been for Christmas props lights for this year, I would be in serious trouble right now.

One note regarding CDI, the orders are in qty 12 strings of each item, which some people don't like. I think it's wise to keep some spare stings in inventory, just in case something does happen during the display. Such as rabbits or squirrells chewing on a string.

It also pays to plan ahead, which looks like what you are doing.

John,

I think you need to contact Travis. I got my order from him three weeks ago and his emails at the time said he was shipping all orders.

George I also received his email on Sept 5 stating all orders would be shipped by Fri Sept 11

I emailed him Sept 25, had a reply on the 26th that he would ship my order on Wed Sept 30. Still no shipping notice.

Like I said, I'm just glad I wasn't depending on this for this year's display and had ordered amost everything I really needed from Paul @ CDI

My order came in a few weeks ago, but Im minus 10 strings of blue. He said they would be ship later. How later who knows.