Light-O-Rama Forums

Firmware Update Coming?

zman

Dan et al,

Is there any firmware update you see coming down the pike between now and "showtime" around Thanksgiving?

I have about half my controllers updated to 4.3. I started that upgrade a while back and did not complete it. So now I do not remember which controllers were upreved. So I will have to test them all. I am trying to save some time. If there is going to be another version of the firmware (like to get DMX512) I will hold off on this excersize till later.

I did hear some rumblings too, I just figured I would get possibly something official, and,...... maybe a timeframe, (fingers crossed)

Guest wbottomley

zman wrote:

and,...... maybe a timeframe, (fingers crossed)

LOL! Good luck with that.

I'm guessing it would have to come out soon given the fact that CCR's, DIO 32, Servo Dog, and the IDMX change are all coming out and/or have changes with newer software to support them.

Mountainwxman wrote:

LOL! Good luck with that.

I'm guessing it would have to come out soon given the fact that CCR's, DIO 32, Servo Dog, and the IDMX change are all coming out and/or have changes with newer software to support them.

This might be hijacking the thread a little, but after reading the thread on the clarification of the limitations on the basic version and then this thread, I would like to suggest to Dan and company include a cautionary statement in each product's description about software version required to run the product. For example, will these new products work with the Basic software version of LOR that have limitations on the number of controllers supported by the software. For example, since the Basic Version only controls 32 channels, will it control the iDMX or CCR as we currently need to sequence? Perhaps a simple statement such as, "Requires a license of 'Standard or Advanced' to operate" should be included in the product descriptions. Hopefully, this would eliminate some of the misconceptions, particularly of someone just getting into the hobby and not familiar with LOR.

Mountainwxman wrote:

Heard any word on when the Servo Dog's are going to ship?