Light-O-Rama Forums

Getting a picture of my house for programming

tnevarez

I have used LOR for 5 years but have never put my lights to music - just a show. This is the first year and I am doing 2 songs but I don't know how I take a pic of my house and get it onto my LOR programming so while I am sequencing to music I can see what it is doing? I have 144 channels - any thoughts?

~Teri in AZ

Guest wbottomley

tnevarez wrote:

I have used LOR for 5 years but have never put my lights to music - just a show. This is the first year and I am doing 2 songs but I don't know how I take a pic of my house and get it onto my LOR programming so while I am sequencing to music I can see what it is doing? I have 144 channels - any thoughts?

~Teri in AZ

Yeah....

Take the picture with a digital camera, download it to your pc, then, in the animator, choose background image and choose that picture and click save.

Mountainwxman wrote:

Yeah....

Take the picture with a digital camera, download it to your pc, then, in the animator, choose background image and choose that picture and click save.

...and that advise from someone who does not use the animation window :)

Hi William,

Have you considered using it this year? I could not sequence with out it.

Guest wbottomley

Tim Herberger wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:

Yeah....

...and that advise from someone who does not use the animation window :)

Hi William,

Have you considered using it this year? I could not sequence with out it.

LMAO Tim!

Still don't use it to this day. I'll probably have to when I make some singing heads.

• 4 months later...

Anyone know what size the background picture needs to be? When I try to use mine it says it's too big, do I want to use it anyway. If I say yes, it is there, takes up the whole screen and then some, and there is no way to move it or get to the part that is off screen. The HELP is no help...

Guest wbottomley

paulcav151 wrote:

Anyone know what size the background picture needs to be?  When I try to use mine it says it's too big, do I want to use it anyway.  If I say yes, it is there, takes up the whole screen and then some, and there is no way to move it or get to the part that is off screen.  The HELP is no help...

800x600 or vice-versa... I can't remember.

FYI... I still don't use it. :)