Light-O-Rama Forums

Help, LOR not working. Parameter incorrect

Tim P

Hi All,

I'm really hoping someone can get back up and running. My laptop had a virus, I saved everything I could to a 1 Terabyte external hard drive, wiped out the laptop, did a recovery and installed new Anti Virus. Looks like things went well.

So, I am now re building/installing some items and setting etc. I looked in the C hard drive of the laptop and I looked in the 1 TB ext hrd drv and it appears that both have the LOR folders in the program file folder, where they have always been.

Now, my problem is, when I click on the "Sequence Editor" it has a few windows that show stating I'm new etc. I click the buttons and follow the instructions up the the point where I am getting messages like;

"Parameter is incorrect", "Invalid licence", Or " Component comct332.ocx or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: A file is missing or invalid".

Can anyone walk me thru getting everything up and running? I need to start working again on my sequencing , plus I just got the "Blizzard" and the Rainbow wall wash" from Ponddude.

Thanks

Tim

Are all of your sequences/music backed up on the external drive?

If so, why not just completely uninstall LOR and reinstall. Then move the music and sequences back to the local folder where they normally are stored.

vipzach,

Yes everything is backed up on the external drive , however it also appears to be still on the C drive of the laptop. I'm a bit confussed why it would still be there since a did a recovery.

Uninstall and reinstall is what Brian from LOR is suggesting too. Although I'm not sure or fully comfortable doing so, I'm gonna give it a try.

Thanks

Tim

Didn't work guys, I got a message, " Error reading initialization file".

LOR is not in "add/remove" , but is in Program file folder, as well as , All programs. Do I need to delete the LOR folder in program files too??

Ahh

Vipzach,

I already tried this, and I didn;t see anything in the list that said Light O Rama. I did see other programs in my laptop, but not LOR.

The Windows clean up thingy was installed fine.

Why is this so hard?

T

That is a reason that I do not use the restore function.

Usually when you get an error like that, something is corrupt with installer file.

Can you just re download a new installer from the LOR site?

well I was running most current a few days ago, but i don't know what it was. Today, I am trying to download 2.3.8.

Where could I find the version I was running? Was it 2.3.8? or maybe older? I did my last update approx 1 month ago.

Hope this info helps

Tim

If you only had it for a month, I believe you would have been running 2.3.8.

Most programs have a "help" button, then inside of help, click "about" and it should tell you the version. I am not at home, so I am just guessing. Seems like I have seen it somewhere else though.

I downloaded a demo copy and it will say what version at the top of the LOR program when you open the sequence editor. It will also show the version if you go to the help menu.

nope doesnt work. I was just on the phone with Mary, she was asking Dan questions too. They told me to send an email to Support@lightorama.com , which I already did earlier. She said I just have to wait for the support guy to get back to me.

I got as far as a window that gives me a choice of Modify, repair or remove. Mary had me going in circles, I tried the repair and the modify. Neither works, I'm confused.

:)

Well, that stinks! Sorry man, I am out of simple suggestions. Hopefully somebody smarter than me will come along.

I have others suggestions to make sure that LOR would be completely gone before you try to reinstall, but I won't say them, because if you did something wrong, it could easily mess up everything with your computer.