Light-O-Rama Forums

ServoDog and DIO32 Shipping

Ponddude

I know Dan had stated that the Servo Dog would ship by August 15th or it was free, I was wondering if the DIO32 would ship at the same time?

Do you have a time estimate of when the DIO will ship?

I got my snowman on Saturday (thanks Val) and it is huge, but I need to start working on the servo movements which means I need the DIO board.

Hi Greg,

The DIO32s will ship this month. I am not exactly sure of the date but it will be this month. The cards have been built and are in house. We need to finish some changes to the Hardware Utility and update documentation.

The ServoDog is a different story. It looks like we will not be shipping them until early September. That of course means that we will be giving them all away for free:)... ( We sold less than 100 ServoDogs cards during the sale so it is not a major deal however I will be listening to "I told you so" for a quite a while!).

We had to redesign the card a bit because during final testing I was not happy with the capacity of the on board voltage regulators and we add surface mount heatsinks which altered the board layout. The cards worked as advertised but they were not to my standards.

So for anyone who ordered a servo dog (up until yesterday) you will get it free! Actually I said they would start shipping by Aug 15 so all I have to do is ship one of the spare, new cards that were built for testing... hummm (just kidding) that would be totally sleazy.

Dan

LOL...I guess I should have bought the ServoDog instead of the DIO. Live and learn.

Oh well. As long as I will have the DIO board in my hands this month, life will be good. Can't wait to get my snowman animated!!

I did order two of the Servo Dogs and one of the
DIO32, but still trying for the TryForFree contest,

but the main thing I have bring in two new LOR user, they both are starting with a 16 Controller for this year display in less Santa bring them both with a 16 Controller... thay will be at 32 Channel.....

LightORamaDan wrote:

J_Plak wrote:
Hey Dan,
:cool::cool::cool:

I am going to guess that you ordered one or more ServoDogs B)

Dan - similar boat as Jerry. Wondering if you have any documentation or similar documentation on the Servo Dog board so I will know how to sequence. Am starting that now as I have a lot of work ahead of me. Am pretty much in the dark at this point.

Also, will this hold up the rest of my order?

Thanks.

L