Light-O-Rama Forums

Feature Request - Triggered Events

Davidt

Dan, John, etc

I'm not sure if this feature is on the horizon or not, but maybe you could consider it...

Currently if a scheduled show is playing and a triggered event kicks off then at the conclusion of the triggered event the scheduled show recommences again from the beginning. Although this will be the first year I'm running visitor based triggered events I can forsee it possibly being a pain if the scheduled show keeps starting again from the beginning.

If there is sufficient programming capacity in the MP3 Show Director / Show Editor, could you please consider an option whereby data regarding the current track (and possibly position in the track) in the scheduled show is stored and at the conclusion of a triggered event have the MP3 Show Director / Show Editor recommence from the last played scheduled sequence.

Hope this makes sense...

Cheers,

davidt, Australia

I understand what you want. We will look into it. Certianly it could restart the current song or skip to the next in the show. It will take research to determine if it can position into a MP3.

Dan

I understand what you want. We will look into it. Certianly it could restart the current song or skip to the next in the show. It will take research to determine if it can position into a MP3.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

Along the same lines, I'd like to have a button for each show song. But, I don't want that song to play until the current song finishes. So I was not able to figure out how to use the interactive features to do this. Did I miss something? Do most people want the current song to just stop to start the requested song?

I personally wouldn't use the feature to restart in the middle of an MP3, but it would be nice if the show didn't start over. Some of us load up the shows and they are hours in length. If there are a lot of button presses, some songs at the end of the show may never play!

I built my own request system so it would work the way I wanted. I moved to a phone solution this year which lets people call in and request a song via an automated system. (I have computer software answer the phone.) The caller selects the song they want using touch tones. I use batch files to swap out the show file with the requested song while LOR is playing, and then that song plays next. Using the windows shell commands feature of S2, when the request plays, the shell commands in the requested sequence puts the original show file back in place. This gets me a request system with no queuing and it doesn't interrupt the current song. Now if I could only figure out how to make it not start the show over from the beginning! ;)

LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

Excellent. Thanks Dan and I'll look forward to testing it next week on my MP3 Show Director ;). If it could restart the current song I'd be more than happy :) and like Micahel I probably wouldn't use it often to revert back into the middle of a song, so that added functionality / complexity isn't critical to me.

I just threw in the idea of the position in the song for consideration, along the lines of when you jump into a car CD players often start from where they left off.

Cheers,

davidt, Australia