Light-O-Rama Forums

Servo animation software?

unclesteve

I'm hoping there's a program out there that can capture joystick movements, save them as servo commands and then I can import the sequences into LOR.

I'd really rather not have to manually create a series of LOR intensity values to achieve the results.

Is there a way to capture joystick positions as a series of intensity values in LOR (similar to the tapper wizard)?

Anyone have suggestions?

Steve Anderson

Hmmmm. I'm wondering if midi sequencing freeware/shareware might be useful here. Then import the midi sequence into LOR with the Midi Wizard. Sorry--It's been a while since I've played with this feature of the LOR demo.

• 4 months later...

My more difficult goal is to synchronize servo movements with voice. I believe I have solved this problem by using "AV Music Morpher Gold" to extract the voice from the music, create a new (voice only) audio file, then use the VU wizard in LOR to create timing events to operate the servo. Once I'm happy with the synchronization I can copy the completed servo channel into a full LOR sequence with the orignal music track.

Not a perfect solution but it gets me 90% there.

I'm building an animatronic Jack Skellington. Jack will sing "What's this?" from the "Nightmare Before Christmas". A tilt and pan system lifts a coffin, the door opens via a linear actuator, Jack leans out of the coffin via a linear servo, Jack's head moves up/down & left/right via servos and his mouth is operated by a servo.

This will be in my front yard this year for Halloween & Christmas. I'll post video if it all works.

Steve