Light-O-Rama Forums

Dan and friends, Help!

Guest guest

I have waited until the 11th hour thinking that I wasn't going to have any problems with my order. I have plenty of funds in the bank, cards have been working without a problem. However, as I tried to place my order this evening, it won't accept my card. I have checked and re-checked numbers, correct addresses but to no avail. Ahhhhh, I don't know if there are any limits on the purchase amount or something just because of the size of the purchase but the funds are actually in the bank so that shouldn't matter.

Panic, panic, I should know not to wait until the last minute. Any suggestions? We only use one card so no options there. At the moment, I am trying to convince my closest friends to use one of their cards.

Biting nails, waiting

Steve

If it's the size of the order you could split it into a couple of orders.

Also, I seem to recall that someone using a debit card had a problem because their funds weren't in the bank (but would be in 90 days when that order would ship). I know it's not exactly the same situation as yours, but I think I recall Dan saying to make the order smaller (so it would process) but write in the COMMENTS section the complete order.

That's probably the route I'd take -- we all know Dan (and entire LOR crew) are overwhelmingly accommodating, so if you have "an order" in the system by midnight my bet is they'll honor it.

Rick, That worked. Sort of.

At least I have my order in. I guess my bank must have some limit protection from excessive charges or something. Even though there is enough money in the account, it would only let me charge for half of my order. Then it wouldn't even let do the second half. I had to run to my mommy and use one of her cards.

Anyway, a little hair raising and time consuming but my order is in! Yes.

Thanks

Steve

Steve, glad you were able to get your order in. I had problems when I was making some out of the ordinary purchases with my card recently. My bank was actually who had put a hold on my card until I called them and assured them it was me and the purchase was OK. Could that have been your problem as well? Just a thought. Congrats on finding a way to get it done. Nickie

Steve Bang wrote:

Rick, That worked. Sort of.

At least I have my order in. I guess my bank must have some limit protection from excessive charges or something.

Steve,

I heard your wife called the bank last week and told them you couldn't spend over $xxxx on LOR and to deny the charge until you cut your order down! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Jeff

I had the same "refused" problem with my credit card at the first attempt. Submitted a second time and all went through, go figure :)

Two days later, received a letter from my Credit Card company's fraud dept asking me to call urgently :shock:

They had picked up on the large(ish) "foreign" hit on the card and wanted to check it out with me.

You cannot moan, can you when they are so vigilant on your behalf.

So, well done VISA and thanks for looking out for my interests :]

Martin