Light-O-Rama Forums

Galaxia

thebaronn

Has anyone here tried using this stuff? Now I saw a bunch of their stuff on youtube and was impressed. But......On the videos they show multiple colors and on the Galaxia website they are only selling white LEDs. They say that their controllers will incorporate into all competitors products (yeah, just like Firefly is waterproof to 1 meter....its not waterproof to my sneeze) but.....It doent look to me like they would have the same precision as what we all are running now. And of course they offer no real proof on their website.

The price was kinda brutal also $175 for a strand of 99 LEDs and the conroller is another $799????? I counted (estimated) that the garage covering in one of the videoswas like 20K worth of this stuff(assuming 100 strands wide, and im sure that is a low estimate)!!!While I do not mind paying a premium the thing that gets me the most is 1 year limited warranty?????? Seriously?? WOW!

http://www.galaxialighting.com/showcase.php

I did some more snooping and apparently the house was the ower or something and the colored strings are coming, OMG! How much would each strand be now???

While I am not a Galaxia user yet, I did follow their threads and watched for peoples videos and comments.

Galaxia is not like FF. You can control individually up to 48 strings on one controller.

From my understanding you take a picture of your Galaxia light strings installed where you want them then feed this picture into the software and it addresses each individual light.

From what I understand you feed some kind of "video", "animation", "scrolling text" to the software and it takes care of which lights to turn on to make that happen. I can't remember what type of file exactly that it uses.

The controller will work with any of the lighting equipment out there because it runs what you have loaded by simply turning on the controller. You plug the controller into a channel of your existing equipment and when you want it to run you next animation that is loaded into the software you turn that channel on.

Like you, as I understand other colors besides white will be possible soon.

I also think heard their was a moisture problem in their lighting strings also.

I can not be held responsible for any information above that is not correct:P As I said I don't own Galaxia yet and this is just my understanding from what I have read.:cool:

I am sure a Galaxia user will chime in and correct my misunderstandings.

I was told the rgb strings will be $199.

The controller has two plugs, one for power which you leave powered all the time and a second which you put on an LOR,AL,Dlight channel and power for a few seconds to trigger an animation. You have to put your videos on a flash card and place it in the controller. They are named something like video1.wmv, video2.wmv,video3.wmv and will play in sequence when the second plug is powered... That's kind of limiting as you have to go through the whole loop to get back to number one...

I am planning to wrap my ztree with Galaxia this season. I almost bough already, but I am hoping they may do a sale like LOR.

I am the one who went to the owners house and filmed the video you saw on youtube.

Question is will the water proof issue be fixed yet? Wouldn't it be great if LOR could just make something like that for us?

Edit: You know, the water issue was with something else wasn't it? Haha, sorry!

bhays wrote:

The controller has two plugs, one for power which you leave powered all the time and a second which you put on an LOR,AL,Dlight channel and power for a few seconds to trigger an animation. You have to put your videos on a flash card and place it in the controller. They are named something like video1.wmv, video2.wmv,video3.wmv and will play in sequence when the second plug is powered... That's kind of limiting as you have to go through the whole loop to get back to number one...

I am planning to wrap my ztree with Galaxia this season. I almost bough already, but I am hoping they may do a sale like LOR.

I am the one who went to the owners house and filmed the video you saw on youtube.

So just curious, what was your price for the necessary equipment(and of course what was your necessary equipment?) for your z-tree?

Seems cool, but for the price right now I could do a lot of other stuff.

bhays wrote:

what camera did you use? The color was nice. If you check out the video below you can see that my camera likes to make up its own colors..........

I actually just used a Fuji still camera I had with me in movie mode....

I have talked to a couple of the folks who purchased this year and they did have some water problems, I am waiting to hear that those have been resolved before I purchase.

Brett