Light-O-Rama Forums

USB cable change out ending lock ups?

LENNY RUEL

Well, I have been having lock ups with the system for my show from the day we installed the program. I'm new at this by the way but learning quickly. By looking at past threads I kind of determined the USB cable is the problem more than likely and ordered a filtered one NDA from Lightorama. Thanks to mother nature and another snowstorm here in Wisconsin Friday the delivery didn't happen. I expected it then Saturday with it being a next day package but thanks to UPS that didn't happen either. They say I might see it today though. I'm pretty sure it is the issue as every time I do get a lock up I just unplug it from the Booster and wait a few seconds and plug it back in and the show goes on. I hope it works once I do get the new cable as It's tough to babysit and run down stairs to do it knowing there are probably cars outside. Plus you loose that time in the program as it seems it still plays while its locked up but just doesn't put it out through the booster.
By the way, I had questioned ealier about the Gold Edition FM transmitter and was told it may or may not work as every situation is different. Just wanted to let you know it actually works quite well. Very clear to easily 150' minimum, which is all I need in our subdivision. Car radio sound good as does the stereo I play it over the outside speakers on.

Lenny

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I finally got the cable. Two days later than I expected with it being a NDA shipment but as long as it solved the problem, which it did, I wasn't going to crab to much. With the winter we have been having you can't do much if you get a snowstorm and UPS doesn't deliver. The only thing I don't agree with is with it being a NDA and non deliverable on Friday UPS should have made sure it got delivered on Saturday rather than Monday. Of course I got the "it wasn't marked Saturday delivery" story. So, it sat in the UPS warehouse 30 minutes from me all weekend which of course forced me to stay home and babysit the system. Oh Well, I'm covered now, everything works and lots of positive comments. Adding 32 more channels next year for sure and maybe 48 so I'm already making mental notes on what I want to do. Lets see, leaping arches, curtain strobes, mega tree.......;o)

Lenny