Light-O-Rama Forums

Timming

Jeff 1S.A.H.D.

Ok was wondering if there was a way to set up the timing for only one set of channels. Like just add timing to the mega tree and have different timming for the arches hope this makes scene.

Jeff

timming.jpg

You can copy or move them to another track and set the timings there.

One way to accomplish this is to right-click on the area where you would make your channel assignments, click on Copy To Other Track. For the first channel you select Copy To New Track. At that point it will let you define timings. You can select from the same list as if you were starting a new sequence. Move or copy the rest of your channels to this new track and you are ready to go.

I have created, at least, two tracks for all of my sequences. The first track is defined using the beat wizard or tapper and the other is set to .10 seconds. I copy all of my channels to both tracks.

Keep in mind that adding an effect to a channel in one track will affect that same channel in ALL tracks.

This is a perfect example of how the "Tracks" feature can be used.

You'll want to do one of two things.
1) Create a duplicate track; or
2) Right click -> Copy to new track for each channel you want to have in a new track.

Then you can have the timings in the mega-tree track different than the rest of your channels.

Just tested it. yep saves the tracks too

SO COOL

also when i go to one track to the other there is a doted line on the track i just left what is that ( it don't do anything, so not worried have 2.1.4)

Jeff

also when i go to one track to the other there is a doted line on the track i just left what is that ( it don't do anything, so not worried have 2.1.4)

Not sure if this is what you're referring to, but when you select an area of the grid (with the arrow keys or the mouse), it puts a thick black border around that area.

If you then go to another track, the selected area in the track you've left will change from "thick black border" to "dotted black border", so that you can know that that's not the currently active track, but still know what the selected area in that (inactive) track is.

Jeff, you are not a lone I want to do the same thing as you. I would like to set up timings per channel but for 1 track. If you start getting like 10-15 tracks or more it can start to get confusing with the way you have to scroll through the tracks. If it was possible to have the tracks in a drop down box next to the effects it would make it easier to jump between tracks, or atleast have the option to do this.

Like one of my shows is Believe in Holiday magic and it has like 7 different songs in it with a lot of changes. So that means I would have to create ALOT of different tracks just for this one show.