Light-O-Rama Forums

EDITING IMAGES IN SS

marty h

Good morning to all 

Maybe I should know this but don't.  I have sequences with images in them.  If you want to modify an existing image (speed, direction) in a sequence is there a way to get to it to edit without having to start over adding image ect?

Thanks in advance

Marty H

If I understand your question, you are not trying to modify the pixels in the image, but instead just want to modify the speed and/or direction it is moving.

The image is listed in the "Image" list which is at the top of the image dialog box

The "image action" is listed in the "image action" list towards the bottom of the image dialog box.

To modify the location, speed, or direction of an image you modify the "image action"

The effects in the time layers that control the images are all "image actions." If you click on one of those effects it will highlight the image action in the list box. It will have the coordinates of the start location and the coordinates of the end location. To change the location or direction you change those coordinates.

If you simply want to change the speed, you do not want to change the coordinates. Instead, you want to change the length of the "image action" effect in the time layers. After selecting the image action you can use the "nudge" buttons to lengthen or shorten the effect. Lengthening will slow it down, shortening will make it faster.

Hope the above makes sense.

Hey Brian 

Thanks for you direction.

What I can figure out is how to get to an existing image in a sequence without highlighting area and clicking SS. 

When I do that I have to add image again.

Here is what I am doing.  I have a 16 ribbon tree that I have sequenced.  A few years ago I took a 16 ccr kit and turned it sideways to simulate a big screen.  Any time I add an image you have to rotate and reverse. (image plays backward on preview but is correct on screen)  

In the past I've always programed the screen separate.  I'm want to just copy my sequence for tree over to the screen but I will need to change images to make them viably correct.

Thanks again

Marty H

Do you mean that while in the sequencer, if there is superstar sequencing on a motion effect row, that you double click on the row to edit?

Or is it elsewhere you are referring to?