Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I not to use a single pixel

RKW Nevada Lights

I made 6 bats each one takes 49 pixels I used a string of 50 pixels. I use Light o Rama pro S6.2.6, in customize light placement I marked only 49 pixels thinking the program would not use the 50th pixel. It seams that I'm wrong the 50th one is lighting up be it the wrong color but it is getting power. Is there a way I can tell the program not to use that pixel or do I have to physically remove number 50. 

In the Preview, set the prop definition to 49 pixels, which is 147 channels in which case the last pixel will be dark, then cut it off, (power off) or just leave it.Cutting will void the warranty. You could always add another hole to the bat.

I haven't used version 6 yet, but sounds to me like you have lighting commands on that channel causing the last pixel to light.

I have a lot of props that don't use all pixels in a string, I just make sure not to put any lighting commands on that pixels channel.

I would think this would still work the same through all iterations of the LOR Software.

Because if it doesn't, when I load my S4.4.16PRO sequences into 6.3.2 I may end up with a lot of my props not working properly.

Edited by Orville

I agree with both Phil and Orville. I want to toss in another thought that I just had to deal with using 6.3.4 though. Open your controller's web page or if a Picon16 like mine was, open its configuration. Regardless, go to the port configuration and select just 49 pixels on that port, assuming you are using an individual port for that string. Once saved, it should stop any commands from getting to that last pixel. But as both members mentioned, it sounds like there are commands, getting to that pixel. Oh, oone quick last thought, does it do the same with another pixel string plugged into the same port?