Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequences play perfect directly from sequence editor, but when playing through show subsequence doesn't work right?

kneel999

The laptop that was running my show died so I transferred my files to a new computer and got everything set up and if I play my sequences directly from the sequence editor everything works fine. I have about 70 channels coming from lightorama 16 channel controllers. Then I am using eight DMX strips running as a subsequence (written in Superstar then exported as an .LMS file), when I play the sequence through the sequence editor, everything works as it should, but if I run it in the actual show, the normal lights play perfectly fine. But the DMX pixel lights flicker randomly and don't work properly. I'm using a holidaycoro alphapix 16 which I use for my mega tree also and it has always worked fine. I don't know what's happening. I'm using the latest version of s6.

18 hours ago, kneel999 said:

I'm using the latest version of s6

Its best to give the exact software version you are using versus just stating latest version. For example, a new release just came out today with v6.3.4. Given that you posted this yesterday, one could assume you have 6.3.2, but that can only be assumed (came out Oct 1st). Your forum profile says 6.1.0, which is more than a year old. I don't always update my profile either, so I never trust that info.  In general it just helps any future readers as well, so they don't have to guess what version this may have been based on the date.

I don't use subsequences, so unfortunately not much help there. Though one thing you could try is edit your show and run the verifier to see if it comes up with any missing files, since you had to transfer files, or other issues.

Edited by Jeremiah Ackermann
grammar mistake

4 hours ago, Jeremiah Ackermann said:

Its best to give the exact software version you are using versus just stating latest version. For example, a new release just came out today with v6.3.4. Given that you posted this yesterday, one could assume you have 6.3.2, but that can only be assumed (came out Oct 1st). Your forum profile says 6.1.0, which is more than a year old. I don't always update my profile either, so I never trust that info.  In general it just helps any future readers as well, so they don't have to guess what version this may have been based on the date.

I don't use subsequences, so unfortunately not much help there. Though one thing you could try is edit your show and run the verifier to see if it comes up with any missing files, since you had to transfer files, or other issues.

Thanks. I didn't think about updating my profile but I do now! I'll try that and see what happens. I'll try anything at this point.  I just don't understand why it will play perfectly straight from sequence editor but not if it's part of my show. Hardware utility shows it's connected to both of my networks (Regular for the 16 channel controllers and the IP of my Alphapix controller) I can control all lights and they function properly in the hardware utility. Just doesn't make sense.

I sequence essentially everything in SuperStar, but have never used sub-sequences.  Off hand, I am suspecting it is related to that.