Light-O-Rama Forums

Version 6.3.2 Control Panel Freezing

jstein

I updated this morning to 6.3.2 and the control panel completely freezes up. Is anyone else having this issue? It for sure freezes up on Text Pixels when you try to type the Unit ID.

Edited by jstein

Posted (edited)

I have been using a OneDrive share for a while and keeping the files local, for some reason it seems to act a little weird. I will just write a script to back everything up and just keep the files local now.

Edited by jstein

Highly recommend against using an Internet storage for the playing show.  Sounds like that is not what you are doing, but want to make sure other people understand why not.  If you are using an Internet source for active show files, you risk the show if you have an Internet outage.

On the other hand, backing up your files to an Internet location is HIGHLY recommended.

So was this resolved by not have your LOR files on OneDrive?

I’m having the same issue. But mine happens when trying to write to a SD Card. I bought a new card, no luck. I upgraded windows, no luck. Updated LOR software, no luck. I just uninstalled LOR suite and reinstalled, also with no luck. Computer is a bit older, but I’ve never had any issues with it in the past. Not sure what’s going on. 

Run a full test on that SDcard. There are a lot of fakes (and counterfeits) in the marketplace. Those lie about their capacity. But the LOOK real.

Just now, TheDucks said:

Run a full test on that SDcard. There are a lot of fakes (and counterfeits) in the marketplace. Those lie about their capacity. But the LOOK real.

I purchased the new card when I couldn’t write to the other card that has my Christmas show on it. Christmas show works fine, but can’t rewrite on that card either without the CP freezing and no changes being made to the SD card. 

20 minutes ago, _craig_ said:

I purchased the new card when I couldn’t write to the other card that has my Christmas show on it. Christmas show works fine, but can’t rewrite on that card either without the CP freezing and no changes being made to the SD card. 

Did you accidentally flip the Protect slider??

On 10/12/2024 at 10:27 PM, _craig_ said:

Unfortunately no. That was the first thing I checked. 

Unfortunately you may have gotten a defective SD Card.  I've had that happen, Check the SD Card and see if it gives any errors like, can't find SD Card or Please insert a valid SD Card in the drive, can't configure SD Card or Can't Format SD Card.

I have also had SD Cards I've written to hundreds of times finally fail and had to purchase replacements.

I don't buy from 2nd or 3rd party vendors, I buy my SD Cards for my N4-G4 MP3 DIRECTOR and other digital devices DIRECTLY from the KINGSTON website now. 

Had too many issues with others not holding up, or receiving bad SD Cards, so I pay a little more and buy my SD Cards direct from the company that makes them.