Light-O-Rama Forums

Software for Singing Faces

dgrant

Has anyone since Bob O found a way to automate singing faces into LOR? The previous from Bob was his very impressive "papagayo" but as far as I'm aware of, it won't work past S4. Yes, I've done several of my sequences the manual way via S6 but its time consuming to say the least.

I use Papagayo and BobO's  program with S6 on all my sequences with singing elements and my props all have 10 mouth positions to match the Papagayo layout. Just for clarification BobO does not have his own version of Papagayo. He created a side program called Papagayo To LOR. His program works with Papagayo. In Papagayo you can create a data file and the Papagayo To LOR program transposes that data file into a .lcb  LOR clipboard file that will populate 1 to 10 A/C, Dumb or Smart RGB channels or Motion effects rows. I have been using it for over 10 years and I have had no issue in S4, S5 or S6. With papagayo there still is a little work to line up the words to the singing. In my opinion, even with some of it's limitations, it is still faster then doing it manually and the final output looks like real animation especially when using 10 mouth positions. I got tired of seeing flapping lips over sound that does not sync up very well if at all. 

• Like 1

My thoughts revolve around things like, there's got to be an easier way to accomplish this given the emerging capabilities of A.I. and so on. More creative programming. SS works too but so many hoops to jump through and "I think", may or may not cover everything like even simple coro faces and ac strings. Anyway, just thinking out loud here.