Light-O-Rama Forums

Effect over 'whole display' with various colored props?

James Hill

It's time for me to learn something new again. v5.6.8 Pro
I have a single ripple effect assigned to my 'whole house' but when I assign a color to any of the individual props it stops the ripple effect for that prop and shows only that color.
How do I achieve the ripple for the whole house and still be able to assign the individual props with color?
Thanks in advance.

To make sure I understand, you have a whole house effect and you are doing a ripple/circle across it. (Say a Red/Green Circle)
Then you have something, like arches, that you want to have be Blue/White, but visually be within the same ripple pattern from the whole house. Meaning the ripple effect doesn't change, but the color of the arches would be different.

That right?

I have various props. Roof-left,right,top, bottom, Bushes-left,center,right plus many more for example. If I assign a ripple across the ‘whole house’ ….great. If I now want to apply a different colour to the bushes then the ripple does not flow through them. There must be a way to have various colours applied to different props and still create the ripple through the complete display

That's so funny because I'm wondering the same thing this morning on how it works. I applied a motion effect to a group but then applied an effect to a single prop and was curios if the individual prop overwrites the group effect or how it works. I'm still searching for the answer though on how it works and if you can make changes in how it works.

• 2 months later...

Let me see if I got this right. When you run a ripple effect through your entire display group, you want one or more props to show a different color of the ripple section as that ripple passes through the single prop. If this is what you want to do, I would like to do the same thing too. I have tried to do this many different ways In S6 and the result is that the individual prop Motion effect will overlay the Group Motion effect. That is the default set up. I am betting S5 has the same limitations. This is something for the future Requests for S5/S6. in Groups, it would be a great feature to allow for color changes to specific props in that group so the effect you are trying to achieve can be done. As of right now I do not think this is possible. this question needs to be addressed by the LOR Software Guys like MattBrown. If you are listening Matt, What say you?