Light-O-Rama Forums

P5 Panels Not Displaying My Sequencing

JamesWright

I have just built at P5 3x3 panel display (total 9 panels, three rows). I have configured my raspberry Pi 4b, running FPP, and Color light card. They both correctly work in test mode. I setup my matrix in S6 Pro as a Matrix-Horizontal-Rectangle with the actual number of strings as 96 and exact number of nodes per string as 192. No folds or Alternate nodes. I am setup for DMX Universes 500-691 in the Preview . In the Networks tab of S-6, I have set up the appropriate connections for DMX 500-691. The software reports that the controller is connected.

Now, for my problem. My test sequence will not play the lights. And, the "Test Lights" section of the LOR control panel, with the appropriate prop selected, will not work either.

Any suggestions on what could be wrong?

Thanks

Jim

First of all, how on earth are you needing 192 universes?  Nine P5 panels should be 108 universes.  Can you post screen captures of the LOR Prop layout for the P5 matrix, and in FPP the LED layout, and the channel inputs screen.

Note, you will need to upload the screen captures to a website and link them as the upload capacity on this forum is HIGHLY limited.

Thanks for the first clue. I let S-6 number the universes, but I had "separate universe for each RGB string" marked. Now I am down to 107 universes. Let me try again and I will get back to you with the results.

107 is still wrong.  Should be 108.  No, do not use separate universe for each string.  And set max universe size to 512 channels (not 510).

It is 108 universes, 500-607. I forgot to count properly. Max Channel is set to 512.

Here are the requested screenshots.

Shared with LOR (file://JMW-SYS-10/Shared%20with%20LOR)

Jim

That file location appears to be on your local computer.  We can't get to that.

I am happy to report that I got all of my mistakes corrected. And it is working great. Thanks for the help.

Now, if I could just find a good idea on how to build the weather proof enclosure.

Jim

JIm, are you using indoor or outdoor panels?  If indoor, there are several youtube videos on building them.  If outdoor, I only found one.  I just finished mine (outdoor).  I built both a 3x2 and a 6x7.  I could probably go through my notes and come up with some information, if you want.