Light-O-Rama Forums

Linus Reciting Luke

stevehill

HI,

I just noticed that i have the audio of Linus reciting Luke from the TV show A Charlie Brown Christmas but i don't have it sequenced. I did not find it on LORSequenses.com.

Does anyone have it sequenced?

I'm going to at least sequence my star to flash with the words above the Nativity scene. But would like a little more if i can get it before Christams is over.

Note to Self: Start putting shows together earlier so you know what is left to do!

Steve "Christmas in the "HIlls of Vista"

I use that audio with my show as well. What I've done is set all of my lights to 50% power and I have 5 X-10 channels dedicated to a manger scene, including an angel, a star, and spot lights on the characters. As Linus tells the story, I turn on the various elements, such as the angel, the star, the lights on the shepards, etc. This puts the focus on the manger scene and takes it off of the lights for a few minutes. Just my 2 cents worth. I like the effect.

TomD wrote:

I use that audio with my show as well. What I've done is set all of my lights to 50% power and I have 5 X-10 channels dedicated to a manger scene, including an angel, a star, and spot lights on the characters. As Linus tells the story, I turn on the various elements, such as the angel, the star, the lights on the shepards, etc. This puts the focus on the manger scene and takes it off of the lights for a few minutes. Just my 2 cents worth. I like the effect.

Ditto. That is what I did.

I have the video and while Linus is walking out onto the stage the lights are all 100% on white/clear. When Linus says "lights please" I dim all the white/clear to 50% except for the lights on the manger scene.

I have a simple sequence with my daughter reading the passage from Luke that Linus does. It has Silent Night as the background. Not much going on with lights, but the segment of the show is always well received. Here is a Youtube link if you are interested.

Bob,

Very nicely done. That's a great way to do it as well. I may steal your idea in a year or two! I think I should do something different from Linus at some point. This is the second year I've done this. Maybe having my daughter read the story would be a good idea. Thanks!

• 2 years later...

I hope someone can help me. I really like Linus and the Christmas Story from Luke, Chapter 2. However, that narration starts in the middle of the story. I am looking for a version (not necessarily Linus) that includes verses 1-19 of Luke, Chapter 2. Does anyone know of a file? With music in the background, of course. If not, I will try to do one myself, I guess. Thanks!