Light-O-Rama Forums

Setting pixel dimming curves for props across multiple sequences

Darrell

Just converted to S6 from S4 over the summer and still feeling my way around the best options for various tasks.  I have a mix of LED and RGB props.  The RGB props are controlled with either a Sandevices 681 or a J1-Sys ECG-P2.  The Sandevice software allowed me to set the overall pixel brightness in a couple of set percentages like 50%.  The J1-Sys does not allow any master level adjustments.  The S6 software seems to allow MUCH better control over the pixel brightness.

Question 1)  If there is an option, is it better to set the overall brightness limit at the hardware control level (like the Sandevices software) or leave the hardware setting at 100% and do all the adjustments with the S6 software?

Question 2)  If I set the pixel dimming curve to 30% in the preview window, does that change the curve for ALL the sequences that use that preview.  I currently have 6 sequences that share the same preview.  Do I need to change the setting in each sequence?  

I would leave Hardware at 100% and use the Software - that way the settings follow the Prop and not the controller...

If setting the dimming curve via the Prop Definition in your Preview - will effect all the sequences using that Preview....

If setting the Intensity in the actual sequencing - then any Intensity setting is just for the sequence

• Thanks 1