Light-O-Rama Forums

S6 Software tool request For Creating Group custom motion effect Rows.

Box on Rails

Since S5, I have used custom Motion effects rows to create all kinds of effects especially with groups. One of the big issues I have is when creating a custom row for a group, I have to highlight all the little dots that represent the pixels that I want to light up when using that Group ME row. The video link show a Group where there is 2 matrix and one is 30 high and the other is taller at 43 high. I have made a group with both Matrixes. in the group I want to use just the section of 30 high across both Matrix. here is my dilemma and I explain it better in the video. To do this I select a custom Motion effects row for the group and then each pixel I want to use between the 2 matrixes i have to highlight one at a time and only the tip of my mouse pointer will light them up. This means I have to sometimes  touch thousands if little tiny dots with the very tip of my mouse to get what I want. This takes forever just to create one ME row. Here's My Request. Can we come up with a better set of editing tools for this interface for Custom ME rows. How about the ability to highlight a section of the screen area then click to light that selected set of pixels. something like that. Thank you 

14 hours ago, Aubrey said:

Are you trying to isolate each row of that matrix in it's own custom motion effect row?

Not each row. The group has 2 different sized matrix and in it. I want to make a single group matrix using only the 30 rows that go across both matrix props.  The left matrix would be completely highlighted being 30 Pixels High and the right matrix would be only lit in the center 30 rows leaving 6 on top and 7 on the bottom un-highlighted. I am not having any issue with making what I want. the issue here is the process to highlight the pixels in the set up window. I have to click one little tiny dot at a time with just the very tip of the mouse pointer which makes it a long process, especially on a group like this that I would need to click on 3600 little dots to make this set up. There has got to be a better way to interface with this process. That is all I'm requesting of the  software. 

3 hours ago, Box on Rails said:

I have to click one little tiny dot at a time with just the very tip of the mouse pointer which makes it a long process, especially on a group like this that I would need to click on 3600 little dots to make this set up

Have you tried using the rectangle option instead of the custom option to make a motion effect row? If you recall in the other two matrices thread, that is what I used instead of custom. Not that I wouldn't mind a way to do a drag select for pixels versus individual clicks on each pixel, but since matrices are rectangles, using the rectangle option for the motion effect row is a great option.

• Like 1

In addition, the motion effect row editor recently got the ability to select multiple motion effect rows and combine them. So you could select a few different smaller rectangles, combine them, and possibly remove the smaller ones or keep them. The combine tool is great for pixel dense props that need multiple small ME rows but you also want to combine them into a larger ME row as sort of a psuedo group.  Here is an image with different steps demonstrating that process. Interestingly, the motion effect row editor shows highlighted pixels that don't exist, but it does work correctly in the effect generator.

MotionEffectRowsRectangle.png

• Like 1

Also, the ability to right-click a pixel to erase it rather than to click the eraser tool, then click the pixel to erase it would be nice.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jamesrayyates@gmail.com said:

Also, the ability to right-click a pixel to erase it rather than to click the eraser tool, then click the pixel to erase it would be nice.

Yes yes yes.