Light-O-Rama Forums

It's Christmas, time to install S6 and start planning for next year

TexasLights

I Installed S6 this morning since this year's show is pretty much on cruise control on the show system.  The new Control Panel does appear to simplify things, but I was surprised how similar Sequencer and SuperStar appear.  I had to go back to the release notes to see exactly what had changed.  Looking forward to MIIP functionality worked out because people really like being able to vote their songs in.  

Looking at all the challenges in the S6 forum I think I will wait a bit to use as production. Looks nice but appears to need a little more tweaking. Might load it on my laptop, create a duplicate show of this year and run it on the director while everything is still up. See how it goes and will report back

2 hours ago, TexasLights said:

but I was surprised how similar Sequencer and SuperStar appear.

There were no major adjustments/changes to either Sequencer or SuperStar in the 6.x series. The bulk of the S6 release was to update the Show creation/playback functionality.

Like Phil, I had to go back to S5 this season due to running MIIP.  I had been running S6 since day 1 of the beta for the landscape lighting show, and in a week or two when I shut down Christmas I will be going back to S6.  I have already downloaded 6.1.8 and installed it on the file server which plays the landscape show.