Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights won't turn on when show started (need help)

RickeyS

So using S6, Using ethernet E131, Pixlite 16,  I can turn and test lights thru control panel, I can play a sequence and it will control lights but when I create a show it will start on the correct time but only play sound, no lights. I saw another post about the same issue but there wasn't a fix. I tried to just put one sequence in the show builder but still the same thing will play sound but no lights. again everything will light thru the test and everything works if only playing one sequence thru sequence editor but only sound if played thru show.

Please I need help 

Thanks Rick

Are you using the mobile app and have the screen left on test lights? Or on test lights page in control panel? Wondering if that is overriding the show for some reason.

also have firewall and internet off, and no other applications running, tried to restart computer and still no good, show starts acts like sequence is playing, sound does play but still not controlling lights, again can control lights in test and they work and work when played from sequence editor.

Please I'll try anything 

Thanks,

Rick

Does the network log (on networks page) give any error or anything out of place?

It should say it opened up communication for different DMX addresses on whatever IP address and port you have setup for your PixLite.

46 minutes ago, RickeyS said:

No errors says DMX univ open on 239.255.0.1:5568

Bingo! 

What is the IP address of the network interface on your computer that is communicating with your Pixlite?

What is the IP address of the Pixlite?

In Network Preferences, what is the settings for the universes that are supposed to be driving the Pixlite?

Jim,

I couldn't get it to work to save my life, so in order to get a show going I went back to version 4 and every thing works as it should. I will try again after Christmas and see if I can get it to work for next year.

Thanks

Rick

9 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Bingo! 

What is the IP address of the network interface on your computer that is communicating with your Pixlite?

What is the IP address of the Pixlite?

In Network Preferences, what is the settings for the universes that are supposed to be driving the Pixlite?

While it does seem like an odd IP address, it *should* be the same as when playing via the sequencer.

@RickeyS it would e good to display the network preferences for the DMX universes are in S4, as it will be useful when you go back to S6

Thank you, I will record them, Just seems wierd that everything would play fine from sequence editor and if I used control panel to test lights everything worked, but when I went to play a show nothing but sound. So I thought that the network was correct, if not why would it work from the sequence editor and from the control panel when testing the lights?

Thanks,

Rick

1 hour ago, RickeyS said:

Thank you, I will record them, Just seems wierd that everything would play fine from sequence editor and if I used control panel to test lights everything worked, but when I went to play a show nothing but sound. So I thought that the network was correct, if not why would it work from the sequence editor and from the control panel when testing the lights?

Thanks,

Rick

Here is another question: does your show run from the same computer you create sequences from, or is a different machine?

If a different machine, the preview could be wrong.

Let me ask a dumb question. Do or did you have the HU open before trying to run a show? It must be closed or else it controls the lights.

I am experiencing the same or similar problem. I have a startup sequence with no audio and I have a background sequence that starts lights that always run and power to my FM transmitter. I have a main sequence with 6 songs. If I run the program, the background sequence starts running but the startup sequence doesn't light any lights. When the Main part of the show starts running following the startup sequence, I only get the audio no lights. 

If I run the main program alone with no startup or background sequences the lights and audio run.

All sequences run and control lights when run from the sequencer. Also all lights work when using the test lights function.

I am running S6.1.6 Pro. All of these sequences ran correctly last year under S5.

Anybody got any ideas?

Are you using the same preview for your background sequence as you are for your startup and musical sequences?  If so, that is likely a large part of your problem.

I tried with a different laptop and things work with version for 6 software, still can't figure out why it won't work with the one laptop, but o'well. I'll finish this year with S4 and then use the other laptop next year with S6.

Thanks,

Rick

I am experiencing the same or similar problem. I have a startup sequence with no audio and I have a background sequence that starts lights that always run and power to my FM transmitter. I have a main sequence with 6 songs. If I run the program, the background sequence starts running but the startup sequence doesn't light any lights. When the Main part of the show starts running following the startup sequence, I only get the audio no lights. 

If I run the main program alone with no startup or background sequences the lights and audio run.

All sequences run and control lights when run from the sequencer. Also all lights work when using the test lights function.

I am running S6.1.6 Pro. All of these sequences ran correctly last year under S5.

k6ccc, I tried your suggestion of using different previews and every thing works. Seems like a bug in the S6 show creator.