Light-O-Rama Forums

N4-G4-MP3 with trigger

niklas-tgs

I am having problems setting up my SD card for my N4-G4-MP3 director lightshow. This year I want to try using a trigger input.

What I want to achive: I want "seq_sleep.loredit" to play when no trigger is activated and "seq_lightshow.loredit" to play when triggered and as long as trigger circuit is closed. I am using pushbuttons for the visitors to push and a remote controlled relay to make it possible to me to force the lightshow to play (when there is lots of visitors).

I am using newest S6 and setting up with the control panel. I updated the director with the latest firmware.

I tried two ways:

1. Setting up Show1 so "seq_lightshow" plays when the trigger input 1 is activated. Play once and between the shows run a filler sequence "seq_sleep". No other options makes it possible to use a filler sequence. With this setup I cant get the filler seq to play. The display shows "Trig" on the display. When triggered the show runs once, then nothing happens. The display just shows 1-01. If I add a startup seq, it is played before "seq_lightshow" when triggered, not after the director init.

2. Setting up Show1 so "seq_lightshow" runs when the trigger input 1 is activated. Loop continuously. Setting up Show2 so "seq_sleep" plays whenever MP3 director has power. With this setup the director starts play Show2 after init and loops perfectly. As soon as I trigger input 1 Show1 starts perfectly, but only runs once even though its setup to loop and that the trigger circuit is still closed. Show 2 doesnt start again. However after 1min and 20sec it runs Show1 again, suprisingly.

I tried this with just some test musical sequences "seq_lightshow" is 15 seconds and "seq_sleep" is 7 seconds.

Anyone else setting up similar setup? How did you solve it? Is there maybe a bug in the control panel software or creation of SD card? Maybe I should file a ticket.

Edited by niklas-tgs

Opened a ticked to support and the solution where easy. I made a misstake in the seq_lightshow sequence. The media file was longer than the sequence (1m35sec) and the director loops the full media track, even thought that the sequence only has 15 sec of effects and that the sequence length was set to 15 seconds. With a correct media file (with exact same lenght as the sequence) Setup #2 does work as it should.

Edited by niklas-tgs