Light-O-Rama Forums

Text size problem in 6.1.2

PCRail

If I play a sequence, not as a part of a show, the text appears correctly. If I play the same sequence as a part of a show, the text is all over-sized. Text that is supposed to fit on a matrix is too big and only parts appear. I tried resizing the text, but it's always oversized when the sequence appears as a part of a show. Any ideas?

Hey LOR folks, thanks for the new Control Panel. I really appreciate all of the great new features.

Richard

Are you playing the sequence on the same computer as the show or do you have a separate computer running your shows? If its a separate computer, you may be using a font that is not the show computer. You would need to grab those font files from the sequencing computer and install them on the show computer.

Thanks for your response. It's the same computer. The fact that the sequences run perfectly when played independently  but the text problem occurs in every sequence, with a variety of fonts when sequences are played as part of a show ??...this is what has me puzzled.

Edited by PCRail

The only other thing comes to mind to try (but not as likely) is DPI settings. Is your DPI set to something other than 100%? You could try setting 100% if its not to see if that makes any difference. The sequence and control panel MAY be scaling the font differently. If that has no effect, could try a support ticket.

On 10/25/2022 at 8:45 AM, Jeremiah Ackermann said:

The only other thing comes to mind to try (but not as likely) is DPI settings. Is your DPI set to something other than 100%? You could try setting 100% if its not to see if that makes any difference. The sequence and control panel MAY be scaling the font differently. If that has no effect, could try a support ticket.

Good guess Jeremiah! The Sequencer is always rendering at 100%, but when the Control Panel generates playback files it is using the DPI of the primary display. Works ok as long as the primary display is set to 100%.