Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Trees Play differently in the same sequence

fstreeter

I have 2 CCR trees 16 x 50 and I can't seem to get the sequences to play the same on each tree. The data is copied over to both trees but number one plays as it should and number two does not. I have looked a prop definition and they are identical. I have noted that the channels are oriented differently and try as I might, I cannot get the prop channels in the sequencer to match.

In your Preview - Delete your second Pixel Tree - select your first Pixel Tree - Right Click > Copy... Rename and Set Unit ID...

Else it may be in the Controller Configuration ( as in color order or strings in reversed order)

44 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

A little more detail.  Different in what way?

Tree number one displays the sequence data accurately (as in a person clearly recognizable) but number two show a bunch of random colors on the correct timing but not recognizable.

Test your RGB color order on tree 2. If everything matches but you are getting random colors on the second tree make sure the RGB color order is correct, you can test them in the HU.

Post up if none of that works.

If it’s a pixie controller there are some additional things to look at.

Feel free to pm me since I get notifications.

JR

On 10/17/2022 at 2:57 PM, fstreeter said:

I have noted that the channels are oriented differently and try as I might, I cannot get the prop channels in the sequencer to match.

From your statement, I assume the sequencing for your tree is at the channel level (not motion effects or SuperStar effects)?

If so, and the channels for the 2 trees are not listed in the same order in the sequence grid, then when you copy from one and paste to the other, you will have a mess on the second tree. 

51 minutes ago, fstreeter said:

Yes, that is exactly the problem.

You can sort the channels by right-clicking on any channel for the prop, then select Sort Channels > By Row #. This will actually sort by row, then by column. Do this for both trees. Now that the channels for both trees are in the same order you are safe to copy/paste from one to the other.

I still have the same issue when I resort the channels. The channels need to be oriented as follows:

r34 ch01, r33 ch01, r32 ch01, R37 ch01, r36 ch01, r 35 ch01, r28 ch01, r27 ch01, r26 ch01, r31 ch01, r30 ch01, r29 ch01, r38 ch01, r47 ch01 etc. I cannot sort the channels to match. I cannot copy the prop wholesale and match the channels either. Any ideas?

Post a Picture of the Prop Definition - For Both Trees - and note which tree works properly.....

Else forward your "Preview"

It seems that I was a bit premature in thinking the reordering of the channels didn't work. After taking a more careful look reordering the channels has worked and I am working through the rest of my sequences to get them ready. Thank you for all of the helpful replies, I hope I can be as helpful to you in the future.