Light-O-Rama Forums

ELL Issue

Tonymu1

I am having an issue with S6 and the Easy Light Linker.  I have an ELL in the middle of a number of controllers on a regular network.  I then have a couple of 50W RGB Floods attached to another ELL about 25 feet away.  When my scheduled animation is playing everything works except the the floods on the ELL.  If I go into the hardware utility the flashing ELL symbol does not show up on the bottom of the hardware utility like it used to is S5.  If I search for controllers the floods on the ELL do not show up.  If I go into the LOR RF setup and search for current configuration nothing appears.  I have to search for current configuration a couple of times before it finds it.  When I go back to the LOR Control tab, the flashing ELL symbol is now there.  Now if I search for controllers again it finds the Floods on the ELL.  I can then test them and they light up.  

When I try to test the floods through the control panel test lights nothing happens.  If I play the animation in the sequencer and control lights from the sequencer the floods do not light up.  If I play a show demand the floods do not light up.  Is there an issue with ELL and the new control panel?  I have the latest firmware on the ELL and floods.  I tested the ELLs and the floods before putting them out.  They are on a regular network set at 115.4k which is what I used last year with S5.  Enhanced is not on.  I am using V6.1.2  Anyone else using ELLs with S6 and not having issues?

Thanks
Tony

Try slowing down that network. I've not used ELL's for several years now but I don't think they liked the faster speed. Try the 59k speed

Remember that you have to manually change the ELL network speed on BOTH ELLs if you change the LOR network speed.

Which version  of ELL?

A couple of 50W floods (these are smart) should still work at ELL limited speed. Be sure the ELL are paired up identically)

It seems that the new control panel will not run the ELLs at 115.2k even though the LOR website says the ELL can run at 115.2K and I have run them at that speed for the the last number of years.  I changed the network speed to 57.6k and they now run.  I still find it weird that the ELLs ran at 115.2 for years, the ELL manual says they will run 115.2k and the support page that lists the speeds for all controllers says they will run at 115.2k yet the new control panel will not run them at 115.2k.  I hope it is just a bug and will be fixed in a future update.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Tony

I strongly doubt that this is version related.  The show player has absolutely no idea that the ELLs are there.  The ELLs just transparently pass the date.

I wonder if one of the ELLs lost it's config and was not actually operating at the correct speed.  Try changing both ELLs to 115K and then the LOR network back to 115K and test again.