Light-O-Rama Forums

IOS to LOR & LOR Test Preview Problem with CMB24D Testing (Resolved)

dgrant
Go to solution Solved by dgrant,

Edit: I was on the wrong network for commands, on Enhanced instead of Regular. My fault, sorry

It appears there's a possible problem with IOS to testing for a CMB24D 12vdc 24 channel controller. With the controller connected and responding to the HU, shutting off the HU and going back to the CP, even restarting the CP, the testing portion will not send commands to the controller. Address is correct "0E" in this case, selecting channel 1, Red only, RGB order, I get nothing. No channels appear to be responding. All 24 channels are connected to 8 dumb strips, 3 channels each, in order of course. Verified manually the wiring and manually connecting the correct power to the wires, +12vdc common, -12vdc per color. They all work. Then trying the HU, it works too!

So under test channels, individual channels work. Under test preview, nothing works for this controller. Using the HU by itself, channels do work. Apparent disconnect with the IOS App and LOR for this function but worked just fine for my pixel matrix. No other controllers connected at this moment, just the CMB24D and the Pixcon16

Edited by dgrant

• The title was changed to IOS to LOR & LOR Test Preview Problem with CMB24D Testing
  • Solution

I found one major error which is probably the cause and I'll admit its all my fault. I discovered that I had that controller setup on the "Enhanced Network" rather than the "Regular" network. If that fixes this issue, I'll be sure to come back and edit.

After my EDIT and discovery of my error, I did note one small exception. Channel 4 only out of the 24, will not shut off, once its commanded on. I'm guessing a board issue.

• The title was changed to IOS to LOR & LOR Test Preview Problem with CMB24D Testing (Resolved)
1 hour ago, dgrant said:

After my EDIT and discovery of my error, I did note one small exception. Channel 4 only out of the 24, will not shut off, once its commanded on. I'm guessing a board issue.

You probably have a bad MOSFET on that channel.  TO-220 packages are an easy repair (no heat sinks to deal with)  if you have soldering skills-tools

I've been soldering since I was a early teen. I had not yet gotten back out there today in order to identify/test the fet itself. I've got to get the number itself. Thanks for the package ID though! For inquiring minds, its a PSMN022-30PL

Edited by dgrant

Just to complete this posting, I replaced the MOSFET, all good now. Thank You, The Ducks for the fast suggestion.