Light-O-Rama Forums

Fill-Chase with Motion Effect

Steven
Go to solution Solved by wicket82,

I have a 1-dimentional string of pixels on my eaves. I want to do a "chase-fill" effect in which the entire string starts green, then fills with red from one end until the entire string is red. I'd like the timing to fit in the length of the effect.

I am currently doing this by using channel effects, but I'd like to do it with a motion effect because that will be easier, if I modify something like the color choice.

I can almost do this with the Curtain effect, except that requires that one of the colors be black.

Edited by Steven
grammar

• Solution

You can try to use 2 motion effect rows. Set motion effect to Overlay and not Blend (go into Manage Motion Effect rows. It is in the top row as a drop down box). On 1 motion effect row, do a color wash of green. On another motion effect row (it can start where you want it to change), you can do a color wash of red on the left side. Set the middle to Mix_Rt_Hides_Lt. On the right side set the motion effect to Curtain (can pick left or right for direction). Depending on the order of your motion effect rows, you may to have move the motion effect of just the color wash above or below the other one.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, wicket82 said:

You can try to use 2 motion effect rows.

Thank you! That was the solution I was looking for.