Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencer calculating delay after any minor change

PlanetChrismas

Using version 6.1.0 pro.

One prop.  700 pixels.

Sequence is 5 minutes long.  It only uses motion effects.

Click a motion effect on the timeline, change any parameter and press OK.  All is fine.  The spinning buffer wheel (upper left corner of the tool bar) goes to work and the playback controls are grayed out as the sequence is updated.  

With my semi-fast computer, this update to a single motion effect takes 75 seconds before I can play it back.  I can make other edits during the update but the 75 second waits seem to stack up on each other making for a super long wait before the sequence can finally play.

Is there a way around this?  I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

Sort of.  Above the symbol for save (looks like a floppy disk), there is a green checkmark that will say "Preview calculation station" if you rest your mouse pointer over it.  Click that green checkmark and it will turn into two vertical bars for "pause".  That will prevent that long calculation until YOU want it to do all that calculation.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 3:54 PM, k6ccc said:

Sort of.  Above the symbol for save (looks like a floppy disk), there is a green checkmark that will say "Preview calculation station" if you rest your mouse pointer over it.  Click that green checkmark and it will turn into two vertical bars for "pause".  That will prevent that long calculation until YOU want it to do all that calculation.

I didn't know that! Thank you Jim