Light-O-Rama Forums

Bug? LOR 6.1 Trojan Alert

Bizywk

Hello. 

Last night I upgraded to the LOR S6.1.0 software suite and my Kaspersky Antivirus has been pestering me ever since about there being a potential trojan in the software.   Downloaded from main LOR site as shown in the LOR storefront website.     Is there a chance that snip-its of external exploitable software were used in the upgrade?   Has anyone else encountered this?    Screencaps attached below.   Has anyone else encountered this?

https://howtoremove.guide/trojan-win32-generic/

1338825868_LOR6.1.0SuspectedTrojan(2).JPG.c9ec579ae4345799e3fd7fc22b381fee.JPG

1205749167_LOR6.1.0SuspectedTrojan.JPG.2cddd62492f8c0268748961fe0b0b02e.JPG

Last antivirus definitions update was run about an hour ago but Kaspersky is still nagging at me to resolve.    Did a routine full hard drive scan with new antivirus definitions about 3 days ago which came out fine.

Edited by Bizywk

You'll have to contact the help desk then. I know others who encountered the issue were all with Kaspersky, and all resolved with definitions update.

Agreed. I am a Mod on another board. Same story over and over. K and a few others keep coming up with False positives.

IMHO Defender is fine unless you fail to look at the real URL (Fire fox puts it down on the Status bar when you hover over a link, other browsers and mail apps,  do similar) before you click or visit dodgy sites

On my show computer Windows Defender caused nothing but problems.

Unlike my friends above. That pesky WD always turned itself back on after every reboot or update.

JR

So far, I'm liking Windows Defender because it seems to work and its free. I've heard about lots of issues with Kaspersky including collusion with the Russian government. The best I know of is Eset. No, I'm not endorsing any particular program but I will say that McAfee is the worst. WD can be disabled but its part of Windows now. Replace it with the AV of choice. Let me add, if you are having issues with LOR and a AV program, you probably need to be examining everything in your computer and doing a scannow /all command. LOR is not the issue.

2 hours ago, dgrant said:

So far, I'm liking Windows Defender because it seems to work and its free. I've heard about lots of issues with Kaspersky including collusion with the Russian government. The best I know of is Eset. No, I'm not endorsing any particular program but I will say that McAfee is the worst. WD can be disabled but its part of Windows now. Replace it with the AV of choice. Let me add, if you are having issues with LOR and a AV program, you probably need to be examining everything in your computer and doing a scannow /all command. LOR is not the issue.

AVG used to be good... But they were caught collecting more than virus data.

Second, you system or settings are not normal if Defender is messing with LOR

I had the same problem with Kaspersky Antivirus. I first tried to suspend Kaspersky Antivirus while installing, but had to go further install the .Net desktop (can't remember exact Microsoft app/dll that Kaspersky Antivirus had a problem with) with Kaspersky Antivirus suspended. After installing .Net, I then installed LOR S6 and it worked. Took a lot of time to figure it out and a lot of reboots, but ultimately that worked for me. Hope that helps someone else speed up the process.

• Like 1