Light-O-Rama Forums

S6 Network/USB Comm

htebault

I have three serial networks, all enhanced.

Net 1 - Comm 4 115k

Aux A  - Comm 5 - 500K (red connector)

Aux B - Comm 6 - 115k

I have all three plugged into a Win10 box, and the windows computer management/Ports confirm they are there and operating correctly. BUT - when I configure them in the S6 Control Panel/Networks - they all show red - Verify adapter is plugged in...  I can unplug and see the Windows remove that port device, and plug in back in and windows accepts it - but S6 Control panel does not.  I have tried different USB ports (I have 6 available) - all work as expected in Windows computer management - but S6 Control panel does not accept them... ???

These were on a WIN 7 box my shows have been running for the past several years - I have to change to the Win10 box for S6.

Edited by htebault

In Device Manager, properties, drivers tab, does the driver provider say FTDI, If not unplug the devices, delete the drivers and install the LOR FTDI drivers, THEN plug the devices in.

An update- after restarting the system a couple of times - now the three Comm Ports have magically become active and LOR is happy again....

The system was up to date with MS Win10 updates- but I did find an optional UART update was due and had that updated - It MAY be that the optional update fixed the issues - As long as LOR is happy, I am too.