Light-O-Rama Forums

Editing superstart elements in a sequence? LOR S6

htebault

I have mixed shows, that include a 12CCR Tree/Star that I had programmed in Superstar.  When I grab the row(s) in the sequencer - and try to use Superstar- it does not edit, but replaces all - How can I edit the superstar effects from my sequences ? Or, do I need to use superstar, build/edit the whole sequence and overlay it? (I think it was this same way in S5)

This is the same as it was in S5.

If you have a motion effect on a prop for some SuperStar effects for lets say time 0:35.00 to 0:59.00.  If you double click on that motion effect it will open SuperStar so you can edit that 24 second time segment.  Make your changes in SuperStar and Exit SuperStar, and answer yes to the question, and your changes will be saved.  No different than S5.

If you have that 24 second SuperStar Motion Effects and instead of selecting that one segment, you select the entire row, and Insert SuperStar Effects, I believe you are correct that it will overwrite the 24 second segment.

Let me explain what I did when I moved from S4 to S5 and it should answer your question.  I am a little different in that I have a preview group that has almost every prop in my show called Almost everything group.  You can see in this screen capture, that I have the Almost Everything Group selected o the left and almost everything in the display is yellow in the preview because it is part of the group:

Almost_Everything_Group.png

http://www.newburghlights.org/images/Almost_Everything_Group.png

To make this work right, it pretty well has to be a Custom arrangement in order to specify exactly where on the SuperStar green grid all the pieces will go

Almost_Everything_Group-arrangement.png

http://www.newburghlights.org/images/Almost_Everything_Group-arrangement.png

Once I have that preview group, then in Sequencer, I select that group for the entire sequence (the r key) and Insert SuperStar Effects.  Then once SuperStar opened, I opened a second copy of SuperStar and opened my S4 sequence.  Having multiple monitors makes this FAR easier - I have 4 on this computer.  Then copied sequencing from the separate copy of SuperStar and pasted into the instance of SuperStar that opened via Sequencer.  Part of the reason I did that was that in many cases, the green grid arrangement was changed so I had to move elements on the grid to make it come out right.  Most of the grid arrangement changes were due to changing the size of my pixel tree from 12 x 50 to 24 (and later 26) x 100.

In all honestly, it took a while, but it worked.

I need to get off to lunch with the wife, so cutting this short...

Edited by k6ccc
  • Thanks 1