Light-O-Rama Forums

Morph with Fill

coronabob

Is there a way to create a morph and have the pixels stay on ? I am wanting to chase down a fence, which I can do with a morph, but I would like the pixels to stay on afterwards. I have tried some pretty long head lengths, but they don't give me the effect I want.

Edited by coronabob

You can make the tail start color and tail end color be the same and then make the tail be a long period of time. Or you can make the tail be maybe one second and overlap a scene with it of the same color and make the scene be a really long time.

I have used both of those techniques and they work great.  You can get very complex with that if needed.  In this video clip, for each string there is a morph descending from top down with no tail.  When the light gets to the bottom of the row, there is a morph moving sideways along the row with a tail, and that is overlapped by a scene that stays there until the end of the segment.

BTW, it was an absolute bitch to do.  One of the reasons that when I changed the tree from 12 x 50 to become 24 x 100, I just doubled the pixel size rather than redo the whole thing.  When I later changed to 26 x 100, I did have to partially redo it in order to add the two additional strings.

I can believe it was difficult to do. But it looks awesome! It is fun to see folks come up with creative effects like that!

2 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

I can believe it was difficult to do. But it looks awesome! It is fun to see folks come up with creative effects like that!

Thank you!

Coming from you, that means a lot.

Thanks guys. I worked with both and I believe the morph with a scene works the best for me. I knew there had to be a way.