Light-O-Rama Forums

Show does not play all props.

ter16

I programmed my lights this year using S5.6.6 and everything was working fine. Then I edited my pixel sphere (50 pixels) that I have on top of my pixel tree at the beginning of this week and things started to go wrong. The lights started to freeze when trying to control the lights with sequencer or they just did nothing. If I played my show though, all the sequences would play normally except for the pixel sphere which wouldn't light. I saw a couple of posts on the forum that had similar issues and they solved them by reverting to an earlier version of S5 so I tried that. I went back to S5.0 and Sequencer played everything like it was programmed to in the preview. I thought it was fixed but when I play my show by enabling the schedule, the show still doesn't play the pixel sphere even though it does with Sequencer. Any thoughts? 

2 hours ago, ter16 said:

I programmed my lights this year using S5.6.6 and everything was working fine. Then I edited my pixel sphere (50 pixels) that I have on top of my pixel tree at the beginning of this week and things started to go wrong. The lights started to freeze when trying to control the lights with sequencer or they just did nothing. If I played my show though, all the sequences would play normally except for the pixel sphere which wouldn't light. I saw a couple of posts on the forum that had similar issues and they solved them by reverting to an earlier version of S5 so I tried that. I went back to S5.0 and Sequencer played everything like it was programmed to in the preview. I thought it was fixed but when I play my show by enabling the schedule, the show still doesn't play the pixel sphere even though it does with Sequencer. Any thoughts? 

Unit ID not consistant with what it is sup to be

You can put anything in the prop def and it will play if nothing else is there but on the prop it wont light unless it is set properly

What controller and what unit ID is expected?

JR

57 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Unit ID not consistant with what it is sup to be

You can put anything in the prop def and it will play if nothing else is there but on the prop it wont light unless it is set properly

What controller and what unit ID is expected?

JR

In my chain of controllers, I have a pixie16 first taking up all channels 1-10 for my pixel tree, then I have a pixie8 which uses channels 11-18 for various props. I have the sphere set to channel eighteen and plugged in to the 8th port on my pixie8. When I control the lights with Sequencer (now that I've reverted back to S5.0) the pixel sphere works correctly not just in my preview, but in my outdoor display as well. It's not until I play my show that the sphere stops working. 

2 hours ago, ter16 said:

In my chain of controllers, I have a pixie16 first taking up all channels 1-10 for my pixel tree, then I have a pixie8 which uses channels 11-18 for various props. I have the sphere set to channel eighteen and plugged in to the 8th port on my pixie8. When I control the lights with Sequencer (now that I've reverted back to S5.0) the pixel sphere works correctly not just in my preview, but in my outdoor display as well. It's not until I play my show that the sphere stops working. 

Verify that your pixie8 i actually unit ID 11 in the HU. How did you set the unit IDs? Did you change the Logical Resolution in HU? Did you install or do your controllers have any jumpers on pins JP3, JP4 or JP5? Remove if they do.

Once there test Port 8 and see what happens.

JR

Figured it out. For some reason, the show editor was only finding the older saved versions of my sequences, not the newly saved ones. So I unloaded all the software and restarted my computer a couple of times. I had done this before but not since switching back from S5.6.6 to S5.0. Thankfully that did the trick. Thanks for the help Dibblejr! Have a great rest of the year!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ter16 said:

In my chain of controllers, I have a pixie16 first taking up all channels 1-10 for my pixel tree, then I have a pixie8 which uses channels 11-18 for various props.

Please get out of the habit of calling the outputs or ports on a pixel controller as "channels".  They are not channels.  Each pixel output will normally have many channels (usually hundreds, maybe thousands).  Better to call the pixel outputs from a pixel controller as "ports" or "outputs".