Light-O-Rama Forums

Showtime MP3 Director

dhuffty

I'm trying to figure out why I can't add sequences to the Show Builder. I downloaded the DC-MP3 book and I'm following the following:

My Hardware Utility version is 1.6.4, and I just bought a LOR1602MP3. I have the SD card in it's USB dock and inserted into a USB drive on my PC. I'm not connected to the 1602 or the show director. On the LOR MP3 Tab in the Hardware Utility, I've got the Play During Scheduled time selected. Under the MP3 Player Showlist, I'm picking ADD Sequence and it brings up the directory of my sequences and I select one and click OK and it never m akes it to the list on the screen.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong. This is what the book says. The directory of my sequences is on my PC and I haven't physically copied anything to the SD card because I presumed the software would do that once I've selected what I want in the show and the other parameters.

Thanks for any help.

Scratching head ???

You are doing the right things. When you select a sequence file from the list, it should show in the listbox. Right, the hardware utility will copy the sequences and other information to the SD card when you click "Create Show", but it appears you can't get that far.

Maybe something is wrong with the sequence file. Have you tried creating another very simple sequence or tried loading a sample sequence?

I've created shows and played them from my PC already for Halloween. I'm trying to use this new box to run the show itself. None of my sequences will load to the display. I see the list, select it, click OK and it never makes it to the list on the Hardware Utility screen.

I figured it out. I have the "YEAR" of my shows as the beginning part of the name and none of those sequences will load. It's only one's that don't start with numbers. How bizarre.

Can someone from LOR collaborate what I've discovered?

That's very odd, and interesting to know. I often number my sequences the same way so I will keep that in mind. Thanks for coming back and posting your solution.

I was wrong. It wasn't my naming, it was the new sequences versus the old ones from last year. LORII vs LORI created sequences. Sequences I've created with LORII don't seem to add. NOw I can play them with my PC connected to the board direct or with ELL but they won't load using the hardware utility.

I'll speculate that you need a 2.x Hardware Utility to load LOR II sequences into the card. The format of the .lms and las files has changed significantly between releases.

Spoke with Dan yesterday and somehow when I upgraded to LORII, I didn't get the Hardware Utility V2x.

I eventually had to uninstall LOR, Reinstall my LORI disks and then download the upgrade to 2 and do it. Then everything worked great!

Thanks Dan for the help!