Light-O-Rama Forums

Where are the boards really made?

Ponddude

I was just wondering where the LOR boards are actually made. I'm guessing you don't actually hand solder every single board, but do you make the boards in house or do you out source them?

Just wondering?

Ponddude wrote:

I was just wondering where the LOR boards are actually made. I'm guessing you don't actually hand solder every single board, but do you make the boards in house or do you out source them?

Just wondering?

The boards are outsourced to a PCB manufacture (actually a few different manufactures). We have a wave soldering machine but have never "plugged" it in.

All cards are programmed and certified in house. Anything other than a bare circuit board is assembled and certified in house. Everything is packaged and labeled in house.

Dan

Putting my electronic engineering hat on for a moment, I'll just say that I have been very impressed with the quality of the boards and equipment. Well designed, and solid construction, especially those circuit boards. And those cases are built like a tank. They could probably be made from thinner metal. I think Dan and his company simply know how to make solid products! It's a lot better stuff than the custom controllers we used to have made for our music stage use (the ones I used for 10 years before using LOR).