Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller Unit ID Assignments

dhuffty

I've added new controllers this year and I've made assignments on the controller boards and I went over 9 so my newer controllers I just made 10, 11, 12, 13, etc using the dials on the boards. Now when I look in my sequence editor I have all these hexadecimal values as potential controllers. I haven't tested yet, but my fear is the board I have named as 10 is really some other value. Is it really 10 and the new board numbers are just due to another reason. Any help is appreciated.

dhuffty wrote:

I've added new controllers this year and I've made assignments on the controller boards and I went over 9 so my newer controllers I just made 10, 11, 12, 13, etc using the dials on the boards. Now when I look in my sequence editor I have all these hexadecimal values as potential controllers. I haven't tested yet, but my fear is the board I have named as 10 is really some other value. Is it really 10 and the new board numbers are just due to another reason. Any help is appreciated.

You should be OK. If you look at your dials, you should see that they include 0-9, and A-F. You have just left 0A through 0F as unused addresses in your controller layout.. Do remember that in order to find these controllers in the hardware utility, you will have to set your max units to at least the decimal equivalent.. For 13, max units will need to be at least 19...

- Kevin

I had been intending to go, but did not make it this year. I know a lot of talent from the DFW area was in Houston, but not all of us!!

- Kevin