Light-O-Rama Forums

USB485B Install problems

morningsidemustangs

When I go to install the USB485B and plug it into the computer, the Install wizard doesn't launch. I'm running XP. When I plug in the USB485B, the computer makes two of the same tones instead of the low-high tone when typically plugging in a device. Is there a way to force the wizard to launch?

2 same tone means you pluged in and pluged out at the same time. might not be seated properly. after you plug it in, check at the bottom right hand corner for a little green arrow. check to see if it is connected. you don't need to force the wizard, unless this is your very first time your pluging your usb485 if not change the cord and see if that helps.

morningsidemustangs wrote:

When I go to install the USB485B and plug it into the computer, the Install wizard doesn't launch. I'm running XP. When I plug in the USB485B, the computer makes two of the same tones instead of the low-high tone when typically plugging in a device. Is there a way to force the wizard to launch?

I believe the installation instructions say to NOT plug the USB485 in until you install the software.

Dennis