Light-O-Rama Forums

Need General Help Designing Layout

chowell

OK, I am new to LOR this year and have started sequencing in the last few months. I have ordered 5 controllers for 80 channels to start this year. I had my intro song completed but am now second guessing on a couple of things. For example, I am planning 10 lighted candy canes, 5 on each side of my driveway lining the length of the drive. In my sequence, I used one controller, 10 channels. However, now the way the controllers will be layed out in my yard, one of my controllers will be closer to the first two candy canes, and then the other controllers will be closer to the other 8. Would I be smarter to leave all 10 canes on one controller to make it easier for sequencing in S2, or put 2 of the canes on the closer controller to make extension cord usage shorter (and not cross a walkway which will need shoveled when it snows) and just jump around in S2 to sequence. I am finding this to be an issue all over the house. I have two controllers planned in an area, then the other 3 across a walkway coming out of my house. Now I am thinking about plug-in capabilities AND total amperage. How do you all prefer to lay it out? Do you think more about layout (extension cords, etc.) or the easiest way to lay it out for sequencing within the software?

Assign your channels to whatever controller is closest. It makes no difference what order they are in. As long as you plug them all into the right places you are golden.

Your channels can be in any order in the layout that you like.

for instance Candy cane 1 might be the 50th line and defined as controller unit 1 channel 2, Candy Cane 2 can be on the 51st line and defined as controller unit 4 channel 14.

For simplicity, make your layout then export and use that same channel configuration an an import to start your new sequences.

I hope that this helps. Feel free to ask questions.

Chuck