Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights Used In Holdman Videos

GaryBo

I just looked at Holdman's videos for Christmas 2007, and wanted to know if anyone knows what kind of lighting (lights) and or controller was used to get the "Arch" lights to go back and forth like they were shooting streams of water?

GaryBo wrote:

I just looked at Holdman's videos for Christmas 2007, and wanted to know if anyone knows what kind of lighting (lights) and or controller was used to get the "Arch" lights to go back and forth like they were shooting streams of water?

They are called Leaping Lights Arch. He used LOR and it is just how you make the arch. If you search YouTube you will find a LOT of construction videos.

Harrison

It's just the same "leaping arch" construct that has been discussed on various threads. Normal mini white lights wrapped around PVC. IF memory serves me correctly, he uses 20' 3/4" PVC pipe for each arch and does 9 channels (sections) per arch.

Thanks Peter B for the link, I stand corrected, it's 1" PVC and not 3/4" and he does in fact do 9 channels/sections using 2 strands (200 lights) for each section.