Light-O-Rama Forums

Hiding CTB16PC control box.

Richard365

1 hour ago, George Simmons said:

more apt to snatch copper than he/she would be interested in a control box that takes 19 connections to remove.  Unless they have wire cutters then that would speed things up.

Plus freeing it from whatever restraints physically attach it to it's environment.  Restraints is what we're talking about, securing. 

I don't see a casual thief taking that much time out in plain sight. If it's dark it ain't plain site. Plus day time robbery is getting more common.

I do believe, however, that such a person would likely be more interested in whatever they think is so valuable Once they know they can get an easy $200 or $300 out of each controller then it's very possible.

Me either Jim, and we've both been around a long time in this hobby. 12 years for me and I still take no chances.

Just pointing out the concerns that some folks might not think of.

In todays world, you don't leave your doors/windows unlocked like it used to be. You don't leave your car running in the parking lot/driveway. You don't trust the world like we did 20 years ago.

And maybe it's about location, but it's only a matter of time.

So better to prepare and not happen than not prepare and it happens... in my humble opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

Just pointing out the concerns that some folks might not think of.

In todays world, you don't leave your doors/windows unlocked like it used to be. You don't leave your car running in the parking lot/driveway. You don't trust the world like we did 20 years ago.

And maybe it's about location, but it's only a matter of time.

So better to prepare and not happen than not prepare and it happens... in my humble opinion. 

Sad, but oh so true.

Yes, I am living in the house I grow up in most of my life. We moved Delaware 1969 . All threw the 70's . The front door was never locked. With 4 kids running in and out it would have been pointless. Now it's locked. 

I started into this 3 years ago. This is my forth year. First year I just had the talking santa. I had that in back yard behind the fence. Next year I put it on the ground outside the fence and put up 4 singing trees.  I heard talking outside and then a noise. I looked out the window it was two older teens drop kicking santa. I ran after them, but being 55 years old I couldn't run as fast like I was a teenager.

Last year I added the Megatree. Put that in the back yard on 20'  pole. Didn't have time to do the arches. This year added the dancin santa and the guitar playing snowman. Looks like I might nit have time to do the arches again. Since I have to try to ad in the snowman and dancin santa into my sequence programs I have already. Also bought C-9 bulbs to add to fence outline and house. I have to solder ends on all of them and I hope this week to hook up the mega tree and hope all the lights work. Looks like alot of people had problems with there lights working this year.