Light-O-Rama Forums

Other than musical sequences?

j.albers

I have done nothing but sequenced music.

How does one program the controller to 'free-run,' without music and without having a dedicated PC attached to the controller?

You would need to create an animated sequence instead of a musical one.

Unless you have a LOR1602W with MP3 Show Director you can not run stand, you will have to run attached to a PC. If you have one of the above, you have to load your seqences onto an SD Memory module and load it onto that machine to run.

Doesn't the 1602W run animated sequences by itself? I have never done it, but thought the 1602W could be used as a director. You do need the 1602W with MP3 for musical sequences though.

Denny wrote:

Doesn't the 1602W run animated sequences by itself? I have never done it, but thought the 1602W could be used as a director. You do need the 1602W with MP3 for musical sequences though.

The 1602W, CBT16D (or 08D), and CBT16K Deluxe will run a sequence without music as a standalone unit and does not need a computer or Director card.

The above units can also control additional controllers from LOR including the PC version. The PC version or the CBT16K Standard units can not be a used as a standalone unit, it needs a computer, director,or one of the above to operate.

Hope this helps.

Dang, I was under the impression once you conjure up an animated sequence, loaded it, one disconnect the PC and walk away, letting the controller 'free-run.'

Well, surprise me! :shock: Thanks!

Yes you can upload animation sequences to the controller. Whenever there is power to the controller it will run the sequences stored in it. I believe the sequences can also be triggered to run once then wait till it's triggered again.

I haven't done this, so dont take it to the bank yet.

As mentioned by others, animation sequences can be downloaded to a deluxe controller and run without a PC or Director Card.