Light-O-Rama Forums

I/O Cards

Denny

I need a "Plan B (or back-up plan)" should the new LOR cards not be available this year so I don't get myself into the same late-late-late mode that I did last year. I have several elements that I want to incoporate this year that only require an on/off signal during certain segments of the display. I don't need the fading or twinkling features, just be able to turn them on or off. If the new LOR 64 channel card is not released, I was thinking about I/O cards, but know absolutely nothing about them, other than LOR will control them. Does anyone have a web source that describes the cards? Do they have to be mounted in the computer or can they be used in boxes like LOR controllers? Can they be purchased already assembled or in kit form? Thanks for any help.

Jeff,

Thanks. There is a heck of a lot more to it than I thought. If the new LOR board isn't released this year, I think I will follow your advice and just get a couple more PC boards or go with X10 since I will just need to get a few more modules. Timing does not have to be super-precise as far as turning them on and off, so that may be the most economical solution. Thinking about it, I probably will go with X-10 unless the new board is similar in cost per channel to the X10 modules (assuming the board is released this year.) I need to get the iDMX1000 and the DC board this year during the sale and would like to get the anticipated solenoid control board to experiment with for 2009 (again, assuming it is released this year). Probably won't be much budget left for the I/O cards, so X10 seems the best way to go.