Light-O-Rama Forums

What to buy....

sasmuse

Greetings,
I've almost got my 2008 layout designed. I'd like to add a fog machine this year as well as a floodlight or two. Most of the fog machines I've seen are DMX controlled.

I currently have 6 LOR controllers. Would the iDMX1000 be the logical piece of hardware necessary to control the floods and the fog machine? If so, can the DMX control "standard" lights? Or is the iDMX1000 overkill and should I go with another LOR 16 channel controller?

If the experts could weigh in on the pros/cons of DMX vs standard controller I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Sally

livinin pennsylvania, you live in the cold section. the fog machine uses liquid which will freeze unless you add a detergent to keep it from freezing. it seems like a little trouble, but is it worth it. go for the seventh.

I use the Chauvet F-1250. 1200 watt heater, 10,000 qfm. There is a dmx add on should you go that route in the future.

I used to use it for DJ'ing. I switched to haze so it it now relegated to Halloween duty and fire simulation for FD training. I have never used one in sub-freezing temps.

Definately outputs a lot of fog.